Dental Veneers in Chantilly
Want to make your smile look its best? Call us today at (703) 378-5600!
Dental veneers are cosmetic restorations that make your natural teeth look better and strengthen them. At Legacy Dentistry of Virginia, we offer several types of veneers as well as many other cosmetic dental procedures.
Why Should I Choose Veneers?
If your teeth are otherwise healthy but have cosmetic issues, veneers may be the solution you’re looking for. Veneers are easy to apply to the teeth and, depending on the type of veneer and volume of work, maybe completed in as little as one visit.
You may be a good candidate for dental veneers if you:
- Have mildly misaligned or crooked teeth.
- Have gaps or spaces between your teeth.
- Have dark or discolored teeth.
- Have any kind of cosmetic defect in your teeth, such as broken teeth.
What to Expect When You Get Dental Veneers
At Legacy Dentistry, our cosmetic dentist will begin with X-rays and impressions of your teeth. A veneer is very thin and will attach to your natural tooth without difficulty. Still, your dentist may have to slightly alter the tooth’s front surface to ensure the fit isn’t bulky or uneven.
It doesn’t take long to apply a veneer. Depending on the application method, the veneer can be completed in one visit.
Types of Veneers
There are several different types of veneers. All veneers are tooth-colored materials that are custom-fit to attach to the front of your natural teeth to improve their appearance. They can be made of various materials, including porcelain, veneers, or composite materials.
Dental veneers are applied using one of two methods:
- In the direct method, your dentist applies the composite materials directly to your tooth enamel and sculpts it. This method doesn’t require a lab to create the veneer, so it can be done in one visit.
- In the indirect method, your dentist takes impressions of your teeth, and a lab creates custom veneers that are then applied to your teeth.
After preparing the surface of your teeth for the veneers, your dentist will place temporary veneers to protect the teeth until the permanent veneers are ready. With proper care, your dental veneers can be a long-lasting restoration.
If you’re curious about cosmetic dental veneers and whether they would be a good investment in your oral health, contact us at Legacy Dentistry of Virginia for more information or schedule a consultation at (703) 378-5600.