If you’re considering getting Invisalign, you may be wondering whether it really matters where you get your orthodontic treatment. After all, won’t you get straighter teeth no matter where you go?
The truth is, where you get your Invisalign can make a big difference in the success of your treatment, and choosing the provider who offers the lowest price isn’t always the best way to go. Choosing the right provider can mean the difference between a successful treatment and a beautiful smile or a frustrating experience.
If you’re serious about getting Invisalign, it’s important to do your research and choose a provider who has the experience and expertise to give you the best possible results. In this article, we’ll explore why it matters where you get your Invisalign and what factors you should consider when choosing a provider.
What Does Invisalign Do?
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces that uses a special Align Technology to fix a variety of orthodontic issues and give you the beautiful, straight teeth you’ve always dreamed of. Your provider will work with you to create a custom treatment plan based on your individual needs.
Crooked Teeth or Crowded Teeth
One of the most common dental issues that Invisalign can fix is crooked or crowded teeth. These issues can occur due to a variety of factors, such as genetics, thumb-sucking, and trauma. Crooked teeth can not only impact the aesthetics of your smile but can also lead to oral health problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. Invisalign removable aligners can effectively straighten teeth and improve overall oral hygiene.
Gaps Between Teeth
Another dental issue that these invisible braces can fix is gaps between teeth. While gaps can be a natural occurrence, they can be unsightly and make individuals feel self-conscious about their smile. Invisalign plastic aligners work by gradually shifting teeth into their proper position, which can help close gaps and improve the appearance of your smile. Additionally, correcting gaps can also help prevent food and debris from getting stuck in between teeth, reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
Invisalign can also correct bite problems such as overbites, underbites, and crossbites. Bite issues occur when the upper and lower teeth do not align properly. This can cause discomfort, difficulty chewing, and speech impediments. Invisalign aligners can help align the teeth, reducing or eliminating the issues caused by a misaligned bite. The treatment is customized to each patient’s specific bite issue, and, like regular braces, the aligners are adjusted throughout the course of the treatment to ensure proper alignment.
Correct Previous Orthodontic Treatment
Finally, Invisalign can fix teeth that have shifted after previous orthodontic treatment. Teeth can shift back to their original position after braces or other orthodontic treatments due to a lack of proper retention. Invisalign aligners can effectively re-align the teeth and maintain the results of previous orthodontic treatment. Patients who have undergone previous orthodontic care and have experienced relapse can benefit from Invisalign treatment to maintain the results of their initial treatment.
Where Can You Get Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment is available at a variety of dental and orthodontic practices. You can start by asking your general dentist if they offer Invisalign or if they can refer you to an orthodontist who does. Many dental practices now offer Invisalign treatment as part of their services, so it’s worth checking with your regular dentist first.
Once you have identified potential Invisalign providers, it’s a good idea to schedule a consultation to discuss your options and get an assessment of your dental needs. During the consultation, the orthodontist will evaluate your teeth and bite and determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign treatment. They will also provide you with an estimate of the cost and duration of the treatment.
What to Consider When Choosing an Invisalign Provider
When choosing an Invisalign provider, there are several things to consider to ensure that you are receiving the best possible care and treatment. Here are some factors to consider when choosing an Invisalign provider:
- Experience and qualifications: Look for an experienced orthodontist who has treated patients with Invisalign. An Invisalign-trained provider has completed specialized training and has the expertise to develop a customized treatment plan that meets your individual needs.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online reviews and patient testimonials to get an idea of the provider’s reputation and the quality of care they offer. Look for providers who have positive reviews and a good reputation in the community.
- Technology and equipment: Choose a provider who uses the latest technology and equipment to ensure that you receive the most advanced and effective treatment. Providers who use digital scanners and 3D models can provide more accurate treatment plans and improve the overall treatment experience.
- Communication and accessibility: Choose a provider who is easy to communicate with and accessible when you have questions or concerns. A provider who takes the time to listen to your needs and concerns can help ensure that you have a positive treatment experience.
- Cost and insurance: Consider the cost of treatment and whether the dentist works with your insurance provider. Many providers offer financing options like monthly payment plans to help make the entire treatment more affordable. Some providers may also offer Invisalign Express, which is a type of treatment that is shorter and less expensive for patients who only need minor corrections.
- Location and convenience: Choose a dental office that is conveniently located and has flexible scheduling options. Invisalign treatment requires regular check-ins, so choose a provider who is easily accessible and convenient for you.
Get a Beautiful, Straighter Smile at Legacy Dentistry of Virginia
Legacy Dentistry of Virginia offers Invisalign aligners as an alternative to traditional metal braces to straighten teeth and give you a perfect smile. If you are looking to achieve a healthy, beautiful smile, our team of experienced dentists can provide you with customized treatment options to suit your needs.
We are committed to providing top-of-the-line dental care to all our patients. To find out more about Invisalign, including the average treatment time, average cost, and whether you can use your dental insurance plan to help pay for treatment costs, set up an initial consultation with one of our friendly staff members today!